Landscape Interface Studio (LIS), Kingston School of Art, Kingston University, London.
Founded in conjunction with National Teaching Fellowship Award awarded to Assoc. Prof. Pat Brown
LandscapeIS, founded in 2004, engages with live landscape & urbanism projects in real time. We bring together tutor-practitioners and students in collaborative research and enterprise, to extend and deepen understanding of contemporary contexts of practice and engagement. LIS aims to identify, investigate and undertake significant projects, including distinctive local cultural practice and strategic regional and international spatial design research, contributing to critical dialogue, outputs and impacts.
- PhD and MPhil Research Degrees
- MLA Landscape Architecture (Accredited by Landscape Institute)
- MA Landscape and Urbanism
- PG Diploma Landscape Architecture (Accredited by Landscape Institute)
Glenn Millar, the Economic Development Manager for Canal & River Trust said: “The appointment of the Landscape Interface Studio to support the Waterways Forward partnership brings an imaginative multi-disciplinary approach to spatial planning with new media communication.”
Recent clients and collaborators include:
- UK: ARUP, Historic Royal Palaces, National Trust, English Heritage, Canal & River Trust, Waterways London, Arcadian Thames, Landscape Institute, St George’s Hospital
- International: Agence d’Urbanisme de la Région du Havre et de l’Estuaire de la Seine (AURH), Van Alen Institute, New York, Liverpool_New York Workshop and Forum, Port of Rotterdam, Amsterdam Academy Architecture, Urbanism, University of Melbourne,
- EU Regional Development Fund Projects including Interreg IIIB ‘Northseafaring’ – Heritage + maritime planning and Interreg IVC ‘Waterways Forward’ – communication package – good practice – typologies-guide for 17 EU partners inc Norway + Serbia
Based in an attractive riverside area in south-west London, Kingston University is known for its career-focused courses and excellent teaching quality, offering internationally recognised qualifications and a supportive community with easy access to London, one of the world’s most exciting, historic and culturally rich capitals.
Students at Kingston benefit from:
- an ideal safe location, away from the bustle of central London but within easy reach of the city’s international airports
- excellent teaching with career-focussed objectives
- modern resources and state-of-the-art facilities
- a learning environment enriched by a diverse and multicultural community
Landscape Interface Studio
Kingston School of Art
Knights Park, Kingston, KT1 2QJ