Funding available to support postgraduate study
If you are starting a course from September 2016, you will be able to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to study for a postgraduate masters degree. Taught and research-based courses are eligible and funding is available for both full-time and part-time study.
The postgraduate loan will be paid directly to you and will be non-means tested. It can be used towards the fees for your course or you can choose to spend it on living costs.
The loans have been introduced to help people advance their careers and to gain skills to support innovation and growth in the UK.
- UK and EU students resident in England and aged under 60 years old are eligible to apply for loans.
- Loans of up to £10,000 are available but there is no minimum loan request amount.
- Loans are available for full- and part-time taught and research courses in any subject.
- MA courses are eligible for this loan but not postgraduate certificates (PgCerts), postgraduate diplomas (PgDips) or PhD courses.
- Loans will be managed by the Student Loans Company.
For further information or if you have have queries about financial support for postgraduate students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.